Saturday, October 10, 2009

The older the more selective

I realised last night that I've become very selective with people I to talk to and befriend.

It was my first conversation with B and I tried to be friendly...

A: oh I had such a good time eating sashimi at the F1 paddock cos B got us free tix from XX.

Me asked B: that's great! how did you get the tix?

B: Because I work at XX? *smug look*

Me thinks: what's the be F deal that u work at XX and that doesn't explain why XX would give their Corp box tix to a small fry employee like B. Btw XX is a local govt org and i'm sure they wouldn't have bought the Corp box especially for the employees and I was right.

Me asked: ok.. I know. But I would think the Corp boxes are for clients and partners like most companies, so I wondered how u got urs.

And then B started explaining and I basically zoned out because it didn't matter what she said anymore. The next thing I did was to reach out for my drinks n moved away to strike a conversation with someone else.

I feel a lil bad after that because I realised later that maybe i was being too judgemental and she probably didn't mean to give that smug look but was just not very good with conversations. And then it hit me that I've become very selective with people I talk to and befriend. Maybe it comes with age or maybe it just takes a lil more effort and patience to work out such conversations.

Before i grow old to become some grumpy old bitch who only has cats as company, I will learn to become a better person everyday. -lesson learnt from last sunday's sharing on marriage and divorce.

0 comments: