Thursday, November 19, 2009

On Dengue

A moment ago we just took a road trip and ate our hearts out, and the
next moment my dear friend got hospitalized due to dengue. Life is so
unpredictable as I would often hear but now I can fully comprehend the
meaning of this phrase. Also I realised the importance of health which
I have been taking for granted thinking that we are all invincible
since nothing major has happened to us. It pains me to know that my
dear friend has to take a daily jab and be hospitalized for a week.
Because we live in different cities and I've a commitment with God
this weekend, I couldn't visit so I called her up and for the first
time she sounded frail. I learnt what platelet counts are and if they
fall below 20, she'll have to go thru a transfusion. They're all very
bombastic and scary terms to me but it's a comfort knowing that she's
in a poshy hospital (so nice that roomie wanted to shift in) with 24-
hr monitoring by reputable drs, those with piles of qualifications
under their belt. Can't go too wrong, can it? Take care my love till I
hear ur shrieks and laughters again.

Yali on iPhone

0 comments: